We are a 'Rights Respecting' Silver School
We have been awarded our Rights Respecting Silver Award. This award, granted by Unicef UK to schools, shows that we have made good progress towards embedding children’s rights in the school’s policy, practice and ethos, as outlined in the RRSA Strands and Outcomes.
Rights Respecting Assemblies
We regularly deliver assemblies which help us all to learn about the rights of the child.
Some of our recent assemblies have been -
- Universal Children's Day (November 2021)
- Our visit to the Houses of Parliament (September 2019)
- World Refugee Day (June 2022)
- World Health Day (May 2022)
The Houses of Parliament
Our year six Learning Ambassadors visited the Houses of Parliament, in London, as part of their Pupil Parliament work. They shared what they had found out during an assembly.
Some OTHER Things which we have shared with our school…
Bowker Vale Values
We have looked at our Bowker Vale values of being
We have thought about what these mean...
- We will treat people like we would want to be treated
- We will be polite to others
- We will listen carefully and follow instructions first time
- We will respect everyone and our school environment
- We will keep our hands, feet and objects to ourselves
- We will share, work and play together as a team
- We will apologise when we have done something that we shouldn’t have done
- We will not ask others to do something that we would not do ourselves
- We will help everyone get what they need in order to achieve
- We will admit when we have done something that we shouldn’t have done
- We will show integrity and do the right thing even when nobody is watching
- We will be someone who others can trust
- We will take pride in ourselves and what we do
- We will be happy with what we achieve
- We will help others to be proud by praising them when they have done something well
We shared this information with the school during an assembly.
We also help with the delivery of family workshops at school.
During the Spelling Workshop, we showed families how to complete a variety of activities to help children with the learning of their spellings.
During the Maths Workshop, we demonstrated how to play a variety of maths games to help with the learning of the multiplication tables.