impact of spend 2016/17
Impact and spend 2016/17
ITEM/ PROJECT £
Freddie Fit 800
Little coaches 3643
PE association 500
I moves package 1,200
Travelling costs to inter school competitions 300
Estimated Grant 9,735
- Through a highly successful mini- competition session initiated by Freddie Fit, purchasing the appropriate equipment has been beneficial to the pupils. They now have access to intra competitions where they have recorded their own personal scores and tried to beat that score next time. This has helped to keep them motivated and enthusiastic.
- As always Freddie Fit sessions are a hit with the pupils. Pupil voice clearly shows they would like this to continue.
- An orienteering club was offered in the Autumn term, where children completed various orienteering skills. They enjoyed using the maps of our school grounds. Several classes have used the school maps in Maths and English lessons. This has increased pupil activity and has helped develop a cross curricular approach. The children have enjoyed all forms or orienteering and is something we will continue with.
- Through a more targeted approach to after school clubs, we were able to enter Inter schools competitions including events such as football, netball, and tag rugby..
- Lunchtime incidents have continued to fall due to the wide variety of sporting activities on offer to the children. This has also helped to increase pupils' Sport and PE participation and had a positive impact on attainment evidenced in PE and Games lessons.
- A selection of resources have been purchased to ensure that playtimes are active. This has resulted in fewer playtime incidents, pupils being more active at playtime and children having the opportunity to practice skills during a variety of different games. Children have enjoyed using the new equipment.
Impact and sustainability
- In an effort to monitor sustainability, PE Theme Team meet regularly to ensure sharing of good practice and implementation of new initiatives are taking place.
- Action Plans are monitored half termly in an effort to ensure everything PE related is on track.
- The use of OTRACK is now in place to monitor the attainment and progress of PE and Sport on pupils. These are updated termly.