Your children have all settled into Nursery really well and ready for a very exciting and fun filled year. Your children will be learning so many new things as well as growing and maturing socially and academically.
Over the next few weeks children in Nursery will begin a new topic, called ‘My World’.
The children will be taking part in many activities to find out about themselves, their emotions, their friends and other people in school, and their families.
During the first few weeks the children will learn a great deal about relationships and how to get along with lots of new people. They will be introduced to activities to develop new skills and have opportunities to play alone, alongside and with other children. They will also learn skills such as taking turns, sharing and listening with others.
The children will have the opportunity to explore all the learning areas, both inside and out. They will be introduced to books, stories, rhymes and be involved in counting activities.
At home please encourage your child to be as independent as possible, using a knife and fork at the table, getting themselves dressed, and putting their own coat and shoes on. When they come into school in the morning please encourage your child to find their own peg, hang up their coat and come into the classroom on their own.
Please help us to prepare for our topic by bringing in or emailing a photograph of your child and their family. This photo will then be displayed in the classroom. (email@example.com)
You could help your child at home by
- Singing songs and read stories about bodies e.g. Head, shoulders, knees and toes, If you’re happy and you know it.
- Read stories to your child.
- Talk to your child about who is in their family
- Help your child to practise drawing pictures of themselves and their family – including as much detail as possible.
- Encourage your child to be as independent as possible e.g. putting on and taking off their own coat and shoes, dressing themselves, using a knife and fork, managing their own toileting.
As always, we welcome any support or suggestions which you may have.
Thanks in advance